A comprehensive tax administration service is still rendered to clients by Logista. This service is available as one product and separate fees will not be raised for sub sections of the service. The cost of the service, VAT excluded, is as follows:
- Employees earning salaries that are not provisional taxpayers R1,750 per annum
- Any other individuals as mentioned above R3,300 per annum
- Companies, trusts and close corporations R4,450 per annum
- Dormant companies, trusts and close corporations R1,000 per annum
The cost of the continuous service will be invoiced as a once-off fee during May and is payable within 30 days after invoice date. The fee includes all relevant activities for the period May 2016 to April 2017. Invoicing of this service will be done through Logista Trust Incorporated which is part of the Logista group of companies. Logista Trust Incorporated implemented a debit order system which is primarily for administration purposes to simplify the payment process. If you choose to make use of the debit order system you have the option to pay the fee over a period of 1 or 2 months. The first payment date will be at the end of June 2015. The debit order is only applicable on the annual tax administration fee. Additional fees will be invoiced separately. Kindly complete and sign the debit order instruction form and return to us as soon as possible.
The service only includes the following activities:
- PO Box facilities for all income tax matters (N.B.: not for VAT and PAYE);
- Completion and submission of yearly income tax returns;
- Calculation of the provisional tax payment for the first tax period;
- Checking of income tax assessment; and
- Reconciliation of income tax liability.
The service excludes the following activities:
- Time spent on enquiries from SARS;
- Notification of complaints and reasoning of faulty returns;
- Organising of installments;
- Procuring of information and exemption certificates;
- Request for supporting documentation;
- Tax calculations;
- Personal statement of assets and liabilities (individuals);
- Accounting services;
- Auditing services;
- Consulting services;
- Calculation, completion and submission of the second and third provisional tax returns;
- Updating of bank information;
- Supporting documents;
- SARS audits;
- IT14SD returns;
- All other additional taxation services according to our letter for professional fees.
Due date for submitting income tax returns
To date SARS has not given any indication of the due dates applicable for submitting the 2016 tax returns.
Kindly furnish us with the necessary information in good time in order to finalise your income tax return. It remains your responsibility to timeously supply us with the complete and correct information to enable us to submit your return before the due date.
If in future you do not intend using our income tax administration services, you must please notify us in writing before the end of June 2016 and also notify SARS of your new address.
For more information in this regard, visit our website at www.logista.co.za or contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 012 362 1431.
This article is a general information sheet and should not be used or relied upon as professional advice. No liability can be accepted for any errors or omissions nor for any loss or damage arising from reliance upon any information herein. Always contact your financial adviser for specific and detailed advice. Errors and omissions excepted (E&OE)